Saturday, October 5, 2013

Winter's First Ritual. 2013

Hello Furiends,

Isis here, long time no woo:) Things are pretty quiet for me these days- Mostly I just spend my days on the couch watching reruns. Or snoozing on the bed when pops leaves the 'lectric blanket on for me. I've been on a diet and have lost 8 pounds! That helps with the walking you know. #1 says my goal is 10lbs. Adequan is back on the market- did woo know it was unavailable for a while? So I got my fix- that helps with the walking too, we were pretty worried there for a while...I don't do too much walking though, these days. The Adequan used to really make me feel better but now it just makes me able to get up and go outside. That's OK though, it used to upset me when pops took off with NukNuk, but I've decided its acceptable.

So this is my 14th winter. I consider myself very blessed. A couple of days ago it snowed in Wyoming- and once again it came time for our first ritual to help us welcome the cold and cleansing power of the first snow. You see, one of my passions is catching snow balls! And for the longest time this was something pops and I did together because RARA can't catch  RARA is too dignified to catch.

I wasn't too keen on sharing this with NukNuk last year so pops and I snuck out one evening and went and caught snow balls in the park by ourselves (and went for tacos after!) This year was different though. I knew it had snowed, NukNuk and RARA went out early and came back in and reported- but I had yet to go out- still snoozing with pops. That's when I had an idea- you see NukNuk and I have come a long way this last year- I've decided that he's pretty OK- so I suggested to pops that we all share this first winter ritual together this year.

You will notice these pics are at pretty close range. I don't see too well these days so pops tosses the snow ball from just a couple feet for me to catch. How I love to catch snow balls!

There it is Nuk! The first snowball of the winter!

Chomp it Isis! Woo are the best!

OK Nuk, now it's your turn to catch. Happy winter little brofur!

NukNuk figured it out, what do you think? Good form!
Happy winter furiends. Love and peace and wooooos,


Isis

26 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Totes jelly here in tropikhal PAWSylvania!

Mom khompared our evening walk to being in a fishtank -

Please have some fun fur me!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Dougall-the-Scottie said...

Snow balls! How fun!

Little Miss Titch said...

Now that is a cool winter ritual,looks fun too!xx Speedy

Unknown said...

Snow is a great thing, I love it very much too, but here we have only rain all the time and this is not so funny as snow! So enjoy it for us too!
Love
Arno

The Army of Four said...

Yea, Isis!!! Happy Winter! It's good that you're sharing the ritual with NanĂ¼k - very kind of you! I can't wait for snow! I need to teach Cam how to make a really cool snow fort!
Play bows,
Zim

Life with Wrigs said...

We are jealous! Wish we had some snowballs to catch! Maybe in a couple of months...

Susan and Wrigs

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

not winter here yet but check back with us in about 2 months lol.
Barks and licks and love,
Dakota
www.dakotasden.net

Jenn said...

Wow, snow already? It's still pretty warm where we are!

And congrats on losing 8 pounds, Isis! My furbabies need to lose some weight as well.

Unknown said...

Oh how I (and my dogs) love snow. I cannot wait for our first snow here in Indiana.

ruckustheeskie said...

What fun snowball fight you are having. Lucky

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Happy snow ball day to both of you!
And we hope the medicine keeps working
love
tweedles

rottrover said...

Isis, woo are a great teacher!

Bart

Unknown said...

Congrats for loosing 8 pounds! That is something to be proud of! :)

By the way! Love the pics! If Joker could he would be catching snow balls too! Have a great Monday! Hugs, Francesca

Milo and Jet said...

Looks like you had a great time playing with the Snow Balls. Milo & Jet

Khumbu said...

Oh dog so happy you guys got to play in the snow and catch snowballs. Isis you are looking good, wish I could have joined you for your winter ritual. Great pictures pals x

My Dog Sam - Ruptured Disk said...

We hope that you'll have many more winters to enjoy - can't let your dad's throwing (tossing) arm get out of shape now can we?

Misaki @ misadventuresofMisaki said...

Snow balls are the best, I'm so jealous!

Swami Zoe said...

Woooowooooooo! PLaying in the snow! It doesn't snow where we live now, so I'll have to make Mama take us somewhere! Woooooowooooooo, Ku (Zoe's Brofur)
http://haikubyku.com

Huskies622 said...

Oh my goodness we are so jealous of you and your frozen goodness!!! You are so lucky to have snow and someone to make beautiful crunchy snowballs! Please send some to us!

Kiki and Nala

Blue said...

No snow here in Wales yet. We're not even burning my sticks to keep warm yet . but hey snow balls are the best can't wait for our snow to come.
Happy snowballing.
Finn

White Dog Blog said...

Isis, you are and always will be one of the Queens of the blogworld! Talented AND generous...not to mention elegant. From one Queen to another, I give you bows!

P.S. glad your meds are once again available...stock up!

Kari in Alaska said...

Enjoy that snow!!!!

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

Anonymous said...

Mom Linda and I are in tears as we missed this post. WE had no idea Miss Isis had sight problems...and we did not know her age. Ceiling Cat can bless all species...and we have called on Ceiling Cat to bless Isis to have a pawsome Winter with Dad in catching snowballs

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Great snowball catching! We are just getting ready for our 7th winter, but we already know that there is nothing like snow to make a husky feel frisky!

Steve and Kat

TimberLove said...

Miss you,

TimberLove said...

Miss you,